Saturday, February 11, 2006

Religion Lesson

I'm no expert on Islam but I do know this. The Prophet Mohammad, the greatest man to ever live (I'll pimp up my genealogy ,why not), chose not to be iconized so that people don't idolize him, a mere man.
So in Islam, No man should be idolized, even Mohammad himself.

So what have Muslim leaders done to follow the prophet's example?











Money icons.















Billboards.





















and Swimsuit calendars.

Well, I leave you trying to picture Hassan Nasrallah in Speedos.

5 comments:

Ramzi said...

All US currency carries the face of ex-presidents right?
And the queen is on the British Pound?

So I suppose the distinction here is that in the case of the Saudi and Syrian currency, the portraits are imposed by inflated egos.

But the billboard and the calendar? To use a currently popular slogan: FREE SPEECH!

Jamal said...

Ramzi- I'm with you on free speech, and everyone should be free to idolize whomever they like whether a politician, a soccer star, or a lingerie model.

I 'm just pointing out that man worship contradicts islamic teachings. So to use an always popular slogan: Hypocrisy! :o)

desmond said...

Aren't Speedos illegal?

Zanzounito said...

thanks for alluding to the nice image, now I will rest well tonight

Jamal said...

des- not if they're pork-free.

zanzoun- i see you went for the g-string.